Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I hit Cook county yesterday and found a nice 5 lb. patch of mature yellows. They were starting to get a tad dry, but most were in good shape. It's pretty warm out there, the next few days are going to be just plain hot with thunderstorms rolling in. I think this is the last week for them, I may go out once again, but my common sense tells me to let it go and end the season on a high note. In short, they're definitely still out there, but not for too much longer.

· Registered
45 Posts
I'll settle for the first week of May, but it gets here when it gets here. After a winter as tough as this one, today's snow was laughable. We ought to be pretty hardy by now. Onions in the ground, potatoes are next. Hell, I might even plant some cool-weather crops in the garden next weekend. Celebrate spring for what it is, the morels will get here when they're ready. At least we've had plenty of moisture so far with more on the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.