Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Jaybo checked some early spots today in DuPage/Cook county. We are still a week away. The ground is perfect and its gonna be anyday now. Some rain and warm temps comin in starting sunday into next week should get things moving along.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats surprising? Dandy's just popped open yesterday around here. Day before there was no yellow to be seen, now the lawns are full of yellow. I saw a lot of mayapples today that were 6 + inches already. I'm hoping by wednesday I find my first baby. I'm in Will county, but hunt mainly in DuPage/Cook.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont waste my time on half frees. I see a ton of them every spring, but its mostly a big stem your picking. I've heard they're pretty good, but I prefer the big yellows and greys. I have my fingers crossed that I will find my first little patch by wednesday. The quality though is still a week or so away. Next weekend maybe.... Please don't litter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any of you Will County shroomers do any good along the DesPlaines River in and around the forest preserves? My neighbor brought me to a spot last year and there were a ton of huge dead Elms, but it was so friggin dry, that it was a lost cause.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.