Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a look in an early spot(s). Found 11 teeny tiny grays. I was very surprised. The woods are just starting to pop. Only saw 3 Trillium. We barely have any leaves on the trees. Just buds. For most years, I too wait for the lilacs to be in bloom. That is my best indicator. I won't go back into the woods for another 7 or more days. And I have vacation next week! Fishing it is. If anyone else is crackin' em I would love to hear. Good luck all. Back to reading Indiana's thread. Vern and his cast of characters have made this horrible Spring more bearable. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took a look in an early spot(s). Found 11 teeny tiny grays. I was very surprised. The woods are just starting to pop. Only saw 3 Trillium. We barely have any leaves on the trees. Just buds. For most years, I too wait for the lilacs to be in bloom. That is my best indicator. I won't go back into the woods for another 7 or more days. And I have vacation next week! Fishing it is. If anyone else is crackin' em I would love to hear. Good luck all. Back to reading Indiana's thread. Vern and his cast of characters have made this horrible Spring more bearable. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plans were to wait. I couldn't. Been seeing other reports in the area of morels being found so back in the woods for me. Happy I went. Found 106. Ranging from small grays, medium grays and small yellows. Some of the grays were expired. Get out there and check your spots. It is happening!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My plans were to wait. I couldn't. Been seeing other reports in the area of morels being found so back in the woods for me. Happy I went. Found 106. Ranging from small grays, medium grays and small yellows. Some of the grays were expired. Get out there and check your spots. It is happening!
Just got back from fishing the big lake in NH. I see nobody is talking here. Oh well. I checked 2 spots today after work. One was awesome. Big yellows. Big grays. Some were past but most were prime. Also found a couple white morels. Pretty cool. The other spot was a bust. 4 little wilting grays. Curious to see what my other spots are up to. Hope everyone is crackin' em.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got back from fishing the big lake in NH. I see nobody is talking here. Oh well. I checked 2 spots today after work. One was awesome. Big yellows. Big grays. Some were past but most were prime. Also found a couple white morels. Pretty cool. The other spot was a bust. 4 little wilting grays. Curious to see what my other spots are up to. Hope everyone is crackin' em.
Still finding em' yesterday. Over 300 on the year. Not even close to last year but that was special.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some big past yellows. Some pristine grays today. 32 total.
Got a few big boys. Found more but the slugs got there first. Getting tired now. This season kicked my butt! I will say Matherly was wrong about his prediction for Ct. He said it would be horrible. In my opinion it was weird but above average. Just gotta keep on looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got a few big boys. Found more but the slugs got there first. Getting tired now. This season kicked my butt! I will say Matherly was wrong about his prediction for Ct. He said it would be horrible. In my opinion it was weird but above average. Just gotta keep on looking!
Most of the shrooms found today were toast. Just like me! Forgot to check a couple spots. Big mistake. 44 total but maybe 10 were edible? I am done. I will talk to myself here next year. Peace out fellow addicts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have never found any morels yet at all and am from Tolland county, but glad for you. Did you find any this year?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not post last years thread here. Not sure how it got here?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts