Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Newstar, I would like to visit with you on your cultivated morels. My name is Rod Paden and you can contact me @ 785-741-0909. I spend 5 months a year hunting morels and the other 7 months researching morels so I can do it again next year. I have purchased "cultivated morels" from every outfit that has had them on the market. From Morel Mountain(Dominos Pizza) in Lansing Mi to Terry Farms in Alabama to Fresh Morels in Nevada,Mo. All of these morels lacked the flavor, texture and beauty of wild morels. Your pics look good and the mushrooms do not look like clones as all of the "cultivated morels" do. Call me at your earliest convenience. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi newstar, thinking of cultivating Morels this spring on 1/4 acre. I'd love to get any tips you could offer; soil amendments especially. Have some of my own ideas on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations! I seem to have cultivated morels accidentally. I did some dirt work in the front yard, and now have a 50' x 20' area popping with morels. What I wish to learn is how to treat the area to encourage a re-growth next season. What I have isn't as dense or gorgeous as yours, but it might be sustainable? I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts