Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would have to see video of a deer eating a shroom to believe it. If deer targeted shrooms, there would be very few to be had, same goes for turkey. I have seen video of blacks on either side of a deer trail just waiting to be picked or eaten. Someone posted it last year to prove that deer won't eat them, even if they are right there at their feet.
I was finding shrooms today near a natural mineral lick. The trail that crossed this spring was about as heavily used as I have seen. I just don't believe that deer or turkey target shrooms, at all.
I'm sure the "raking" that your seeing is turkey. I hunted several ravines today where turkey had been in there scratching all over. Had the woods tore up. The log flipped over I imagine was somebody. I have literally watched turkey strolling down an old logging rd. scratching, flipping over debris, even rocks to get at bugs, etc.. I was surprised at how big of rocks they would flip over to get at a meal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.