dent county

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by dark_star88, Apr 17, 2013.

1. dark_star88

dark_star88 Morel Enthusiast

found 15 in dent county today 4/17/13

2. jay

jay Morel Enthusiast

Man that's right next to me and I am not finding anything :/. I look everyday for 1-2 hours, and nothing.. I really hope I start finding them soon :p

3. dark_star88

they were hard to see for some reason, about the same height as the grass right now. first and biggest one was under a cedar tree. excited about the rain we are getting right now, but no temps to help it out. gunna be in the 30's tonight!

4. vibrantenergies

vibrantenergies Morel Connoisseur

I found 35 tiny blacks last Saturday in extreme southern Phelps county. I've never seen morels this small! One was smaller than a thimble. It had frosted that night, so I was surprised to find any! The yellows will be popping any day, and this heavy rain should help a lot!

5. dark_star88

just got back from the same spot as yesterday. today i found 9, 1 grey and 8 yellows. all of these had popped since yesterday afternoon.

6. vibrantenergies

vibrantenergies Morel Connoisseur

I found 15 more blacks and 9 yellows yesterday in the rain next to my flooded creek! They had all popped overnight, as I check the spot thoroughly every morning! A few of the yellows were 4 or 5 inches, which is big for the first yellowa of the year for my land. This will be a banner year!

7. dark_star88

the rain really helped them along! the spot where i first found mine was under almost a foot of water as of yesterday!

8. trailfilly

trailfilly Young Morel

Finding in Crawford county about 15 some blacks and also grey morels. Not real big this year. Think it's still a few days off for a super find. <a href="">[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017