1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamin'

Discussion in 'New York' started by lynkage, Sep 17, 2013.

1. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Day's getting shorter.Been super busy with work and garden fantastic this year.I've never canned and frozen so many goodies! Only been in woods briefly twice and found a couple but need more time.I keep checking this site hopin' one of you is having some luck. Plenty of rain lately and thinking good things to come. Been picking basketfuls in my sleep the last two nights. I wonder if thats a sign. Gonna insist on taking a whole day and maybe two this weekend. Gotta get out there for my own sanity! Hope all's well and HAPPY HUNTING!!

2. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

I'm feeling your longing linkage heading north .hopefully I will find something worth writing about.

3. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Went hiking last weekend and saw some honeys but didn't harvest. I was on a different mission. So much to do this fall! Enjoy the hunt!

4. lynkage

Got out yesterday for an hour. Found 10 dotted stems and about 2 dozen larch boletes. Peeling the caps can get boring if you pick too many but happy to do this batch. Felt good to play a little after work for a change!

5. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

Found two groups of what I think we're bluets. Unfortunately they were both growing from large piles of porcupine poo :p I did not harvest them. Is this a fluke or do they like porcupine poo.

6. lynkage

been out a few times. found dotted stalks,birch boletes and a couple lonely kings. also saw a huge patch of jack-o-lanterns.it was amazing,to bad they're poisonous.weathers been beautiful but could use rain.