1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

DRY DRY DRY!!!

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by midwestmayhen11, Apr 29, 2015.

1. midwestmayhen11

midwestmayhen11 Morel Enthusiast

Went out looking for Morels today, I have 5-7 spots from last year and the ground was so dry I could blow the dirt away. Anyone else having these issues? It seems like this year is going to be tough. To clarify I live in the northwest Metro. I feel like temps are perfect but we are missing moisture.

2. forager15

forager15 Morel Enthusiast

I'm south of you and we have decent moisture to the ground yet, couple warm days and chances of showers in the near future should get things rollin' just fine. Patience is key at this time of year :wink:

3. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Pray for rain.We are gonna need every little drop to get this started.

4. midwestmayhen11

Agree, I will just have to get deeper in to woods. :lol:

5. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

If we don't get moisture? Moreless year?

6. midwestmayhen11

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/weekmap/weekmap_150428.htm Pretty good map of what we have in the last week.

7. mora4mushrooms

mora4mushrooms Young Morel

I was out last night in southern Dakota County and it was tinder dry. Nothing up yet. The only thing i saw was a feral cat and a dead dog. Looks like a good chance of rain with warmer temps Friday and Sunday this weekend.

8. midwestmayhen11

I'm headed out tonight, if I find anything I'll let the people know.. not looking good though.

9. kakruk

kakruk Young Morel

Looks like rain and warm nights for the weekend, Yay!

10. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

my early spots are dry, in woods ok. rain this weekend would be awesome.

11. rains247

rains247 Young Morel

the morels are out there. I've had good luck by seeking out ares that retain a little more moisture. mostly where a southern slope flattens out near the bottom. the vines that hold moisture and grow the orange slime are a good indicator. those have been present every place I've found morels st paul area