Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found many Dryad's last week along creek at our farm, plus a few stunted (from first frost?) maitakes at same location where we found them last year. Also found a few oysters 2 weeks ago at another location where we found them last year. All are later than those we found last year, surely due to drought in months prior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a crazy year for mushrooms already...I was still harvesting Oyster Mushrooms growing out of the bark of a dead Elm tree till late January this year and some were almost 15 feet above the ground. I'm in western Ohio County and we have had a lot of rain/flooding already this year...I'm hoping for an awesome Morel season coming up!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
What a crazy year for mushrooms already...I was still harvesting Oyster Mushrooms growing out of the bark of a dead Elm tree till late January this year and some were almost 15 feet above the ground. I'm in western Ohio County and we have had a lot of rain/flooding already this year...I'm hoping for an awesome Morel season coming up!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm with you hopefully it stays wet & warms up. We need it 50° all night for about 3 or 4 night. Then we are finding them beauties

1 - 5 of 5 Posts