Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Brandon thats right around the corner I believe! A Buddy and I are traveling from Ohio to that area and we're trying to narrow down a time frame so we dont get skunked. I appreciate any updates you can provide. Planing on next weekend,Any thoughts on timing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think starting sunday should be excellent. Nice warm up on saturday with some sun finally. Went out again this evening in the rain and found another 20 grays

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Pshyc"...No, i don't know the Rubels. I went out Wed. and checked two of my trees. Only 2 mushrooms at each. Decided to save my energy for the weekend. The hardest part of mushroom hunting is being patient for them to start popping. I hope this year the hardest part is lugging around all of the mushrooms i find. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks shroomhawk! My buddy was actually out there friday/saturday. they found a mixed bag mostly greys a few yellows.were heading out wednesday gonna try our luck.I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Slayed 134 grays today by Maquoketa, IA https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10312112_286624281506484_7410730349427060100_n.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice find TheNeer! Are these along rivers or in hills? Any particular trees you are finding them around? Thanks for any information and good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found all these in a 40ft radius on a south facing hill about 300 yrds from the Maquoketa river. Elm and Walnut trees around but mostly open area with May apples and little under brush. Good Luck

1 - 20 of 51 Posts