Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here from eastern Ky? I have checked all my spots and there is nothing. Just had snow a couple days ago. Weather is now 60's and 50's in the day and 50's and 40's at night. When do you think the season will begin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone here from eastern Ky? I have checked all my spots and there is nothing. Just had snow a couple days ago. Weather is now 60's and 50's in the day and 50's and 40's at night. When do you think the season will begin.
Picke
Picked about 8 a couple days ago, was all small tho but they are coming up now. Picked in Owsley Co Ky.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Picke

Picked about 8 a couple days ago, was all small tho but they are coming up now. Picked in Owsley Co Ky.
I’m near the Red River Gorge close to the where the Powell, Wolfe and Lee county lines meet. Can anyone provide a tip or two of what type of shroom you’re finding and type of environment? I have eyes on a deep draw full of poplars. Are you finding at higher or lower elevations?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been out looking here in carter and Elliot counties still not even a small one missed them last year due to work and trying to keep a hand on in this year. I think it is still to cold here that’s got to be it cause we have found them this time of year in past years so we will keep looking and keep everyone updated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Been out looking here in carter and Elliot counties still not even a small one missed them last year due to work and trying to keep a hand on in this year. I think it is still to cold here that’s got to be it cause we have found them this time of year in past years so we will keep looking and keep everyone updated
I'm from Greenup Co. A friend of mine found 2 in his yard Tuesday evening in South Shore. Next weekend should be about right with the temps rising all week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts