Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for morels in eastern SD and I haven't had any luck yet. I looked near Sand Lake as well as Sica Hollow. No luck. I live near Aberdeen. Has anyone had any luck yet in eastern SD? If so, what general area are you looking? (Of course, you don't have to give your exact hunting spot up but if you can just say by what town or even park would be greatly appreciated). I have just recently moved up here and I normally hunt down at DeSoto in Nebraska and around the Missouri river but I won't have a chance to make it down there before the season ends. Thanks for reading and any input/tips are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for morels in eastern SD and I haven't had any luck yet. I looked near Sand Lake as well as Sica Hollow. No luck. I live near Aberdeen. Has anyone had any luck yet in eastern SD? If so, what general area are you looking? (Of course, you don't have to give your exact hunting spot up but if you can just say by what town or even park would be greatly appreciated). I have just recently moved up here and I normally hunt down at DeSoto in Nebraska and around the Missouri river but I won't have a chance to make it down there before the season ends. Thanks for reading and any input/tips are greatly appreciated!
I've lived around Sioux Falls, SD since 1972 and have the best luck down around the Missouri river area which is about an hour south. I always go when the lilacs are just starting to show purple in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to look down there but unfortunately thats several hours away from where I am at. I am up by Aberdeen. I'm going to take a look at Sica Hollow today by Sisseton and see if I find any

1 - 3 of 3 Posts