Edgerton

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by puppetkid, Apr 4, 2016.

1. puppetkid

puppetkid Young Morel

Has anyone seen any Morels in Hillsdale Kansas or Edgerton yet?

2. micomikey

micomikey Morel Enthusiast

I hunt Hillsdale a lot. I haven't been out for 4-5 days and still nothing. I'm heading out there after work to see if the warmth has brought them out.

3. micomikey

micomikey Morel Enthusiast

Thoroughly checked 2 of my spots last night. One of them retains water pretty well so I had high(er) hopes but found nothing. The other spot had been burned in the last couple of days...so recent that I found 1 log that was still smoldering, which was somewhat concerning considering the wind yesterday! But found nothing. I've heard burning can sometimes encourage them, but I haven't seen it myself so I don't know. This was a very productive site last year, so will be interesting to see.

So far I've seen zero signs that they've been up, no stalks, not dying ones, nothing. Also, to clarify, I hunt around the lake, not any outlying areas.

4. kshunter

kshunter Young Morel

I hunt the Hillsdale and Edgerton area. I have only found 1 and seen 3 stems. It has been very dry. I just checked my usual spots and nothing. We just had 2 days of rain and everything is flooded. If it heats up a bit they might start popping. Good luck 4/27/16