Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three weeks ago.
Four of us crazy morel hunters thought we would go to where the moisture was. We chose diamond lake from a post in the Oregon morels.com talking about when the ice melts, and in a burn area.
Well, 10 hours of driving, and we saw the burn area. We stopped at several spots, nothing. We left during a hailstorm, to get to blewett ridge, based on a tip of course, and got close after another 4 hours of driving. The next morning we got the blewett ridge, and hunted quite a few places on both sides of the ridge around 4500 ft elevation. I found two on the east face of a fsr.
Near the end of the day we decided (based on a tip from a real person we ran into on a forest service road) to go to a small fire area near woodland Washington, where we eventually got about a quart (after drying). And then back down to central coast of Ca.
Whew!
Come on rain for 2022. Next up, Matsutake mushrooms, any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
About three weeks ago.
Four of us crazy morel hunters thought we would go to where the moisture was. We chose diamond lake from a post in the Oregon morels.com talking about when the ice melts, and in a burn area.
Well, 10 hours of driving, and we saw the burn area. We stopped at several spots, nothing. We left during a hailstorm, to get to blewett ridge, based on a tip of course, and got close after another 4 hours of driving. The next morning we got the blewett ridge, and hunted quite a few places on both sides of the ridge around 4500 ft elevation. I found two on the east face of a fsr.
Near the end of the day we decided (based on a tip from a real person we ran into on a forest service road) to go to a small fire area near woodland Washington, where we eventually got about a quart (after drying). And then back down to central coast of Ca.
Whew!
Come on rain for 2022. Next up, Matsutake mushrooms, any advice?
is there a certain time for matsutake?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They supposedly come up for several months starting in September. Also depending on the rain from what I hear. I have never hunted them, I am just wanting to hunt them.
Matsutake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts