1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Fairfield County morel hunting

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by cotty, Mar 27, 2015.

1. cotty

cotty Morel Connoisseur

morel talk about finds in fairfield county and surrounding areas

2. cotty

cotty Morel Connoisseur

went out the other day near lancaster in an early black patch, looking very promising, nothing yet though, will be very soon, a friend reported a few small early bloomers in pickaway county, yesterday, they are coming and its going to be a great season, about three weeks and ill be hitting the aep reclands for yellows as for now meddling in my small areas around town, and fairfield county!!!!!!

3. lifestooshort

lifestooshort Young Morel

April 7th, 21 blacks found in Laurelville area

I found 7 blacks last evening in Fairfield County

4. cotty

cotty Morel Connoisseur

nice im gonna be back in my spots tomorrow am yet to find a black this year aint found any yet

5. bigdawg

bigdawg Young Morel

I have only checked one spot right next to my house where I normally find about 10 or 15 and haven't found any yet. If the rain stops, I'm going to go to the Honey hole today or tomorrow, I will expect to find many. This year should be a good one, we had snow on the ground for almost 2 strait months, lots of moisture and no really really warm days in Jan & Feb...Hopefully all of those things will make for an exceptional Mushroom season.

6. lifestooshort

lifestooshort Young Morel

Hoping for a great season too!
    Hope you found some today!!

7. cotty

cotty Morel Connoisseur

hit my early patch today, and found two dinks, and a two incher, 3 total, they coming just gotta be patient, will be finding yellows possibly by the weekend if not the beginning of next week here in fairfield county