Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"joebass" Nice one. We just cut them up in strips, bread the strips, in (FRYINMAGIC) and quick cook em up. Just like Chicken Strips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Old Elm. Sorry everyone, about posting all those old pictures from spring. Must have hit the wrong button.

·
Registered
120 Posts
YUM I have yet to find a chicken :( I actually did find one once but wasn't familiar with it and threw it in the trash after trying to ID it ... rather not take any chances! Do they grow same spots each year?
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea they do MissKay. I find most of them on dead or dyeing oak trees. There is some good info on the net. Search (Chicken Polypore Mushroom) Good Luck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Awesome thank you! I think im going to look for hens this weekend... had LOTS of rain and its cool out! Maybe ill find one then!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It maybe a little early yet for "HEN's" MissKay, but ya never know. The nice thing about late HEN's is no Bugs!

If Ya get on the chickens right away,like this log full & before they get to big,you can usually beat the bugs this time of year. Good luck to all you fall foragers...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
" shroomtrooper " Glad to see you're still in the "Land of the Picken" Buckthornman was on once a week or so ago, but I think his significant other must of caught him,and put him back to work!! Won't be long til the Hen's start, in the mean time there's plenty of other stuff if ya beat the bugs!! Go get Em........

1 - 20 of 74 Posts