Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just joined the board, been lurking for a year or two. So we finally have some rain. I was hoping to get some information from photos I will post (IDs and any cooking advice). Long Island has started producing Hens, Chickens, Puffs, Ink cap, Horse Mushroom, all I the last week. No honeys yet.

Also trying to share photos but says forum disabled photos from app (OHUB Campfire).

Thanks
Greg & Bowser (puppy)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not a lot of shroomers from Long Island. Always good to hear from a newbie. The hens are going strong in s. mich. I have read of another shroomer on L.I. He's on another forum, wildmushroomhunting.org. Good luck and enjoy the fall weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks. We absolutely killed it on Sunday. Found coral (yellowish growing on the ground, nice mycelium root base, not gelatinous), horse mushrooms, parosol, ink cap, wine cap, hen, chicken, puffballs (even some star ones that are hard like chestnuts)brackets galore (turkey tail, rest I need to ID), lions mane is ready for a big day/week with a it more rain I hope. Honey mushrooms haven't popped yet. We have been driving after work to check out a few spots and the recon and patience was worth it, we timed it well. Good luck all, fall in NYC/LI is in full swing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts