1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Fayette county

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by mooseshroomer, Apr 14, 2013.

1. mooseshroomer

mooseshroomer Young Morel

Just got home from family woods in fayette county found one about nickel size is all soo couple of days we be eattin!!!!! ;)

2. humpshroom

humpshroom Young Morel

Talked to a friend who found 15-20 small grays in Fayette Co. yesterday. Looked a little yesterday and today, but no luck yet.

3. lidspinner

lidspinner Morel Enthusiast

I do 90% of my hunting in Fayette county. Have yet to find anything this year....will be out most of the day tomorrow.

4. smcclure28

smcclure28 Morel Enthusiast

i went out for a bit today in highland county and didnt find anything but the woods are starting to look good should be popping soon

5. lidspinner

It's on here in Fayette county. Plenty of blacks popping and a few greys.....tomorrow should be a good day and Friday should as well.

6. humpshroom

humpshroom Young Morel

What part of county you finding them in Lidspinner? I looked a little today, but got skunked. But conditions are looking better, especially with the heat tomorrow.

7. smcclure28

smcclure28 Morel Enthusiast

Hey Lidspinner we need to get out and find us some ;) need to meet up one day next week maybe?

8. humpshroom

humpshroom Young Morel

I have found about 40 in Fayette co. this past week. Mostly grays, one black and about half a dozen spikes. Most in the Jeff area. Bring on the warmth.

9. alph2

alph2 Young Morel

found 18 this week in fayette co. blacks 4 in high

10. lidspinner

Hey I am ready to go anytime you all want to go.....just send me an email and we will pick em.....sb4me7@gmail dot com

I will go anytime this coming week.....if it rains Sunday and the 70 degree days pop out then I could see some big yellows popping up.....I went to eyman woods today and picked 47 spikes within 50 yards of the woods edge.....then got a phone call and had to leave....

11. lidspinner

Anyone still having luck in Fayette.....woods are starting to get thick with undergrowth

12. humpshroom

humpshroom Young Morel

Eymans should still be good, going tomorrow. Northern part of county producing some, but I think with the rain and warmth the best is yet to come. Should be big yellows this next week.

13. draystan

draystan Young Morel

Anyone finding the big yellows down there yet? Came down last week and found only one but it was on the day it was 80 degrees out. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017