Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally got some rain today. So hopefully I can go out tomorrow morning or the next day if it weather permitting and find some morels Not sure If there will be any but at least it's a good sign.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lisa, why do you say that? It's been dry in CA this year-not sure how this is going to affect the season, but all this warm weather is going to make them pop up sooner...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wouldn’t you guys have excellent burn motors from the campfire and other burns???
In a normal year I would think so; we'll have to see. I did about 120 miles through them last year and only found a handful, but I talked to some folks at the McCloud Mushroom Festival and they were bringing in sack-fulls! I asked what the deal was and they said they were only finding them on the steep banks down near the ravines and where the run-off creeks were. Nothing up on top. They went about 2 weeks after we did as well. I'm definitely gonna check them out this year just in case. If you guys didn't get the copies of the wildfire maps I posted last year, give a yell and I'll post them again this year. Happy Shroomin'........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts