Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally got some rain today. So hopefully I can go out tomorrow morning or the next day if it weather permitting and find some morels Not sure If there will be any but at least it's a good sign.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Lisa, why do you say that? It's been dry in CA this year-not sure how this is going to affect the season, but all this warm weather is going to make them pop up sooner...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Lisa, why do you say that? It's been dry in CA this year-not sure how this is going to affect the season, but all this warm weather is going to make them pop up sooner...
Wouldn’t you guys have excellent burn motors from the campfire and other burns???

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Wouldn’t you guys have excellent burn motors from the campfire and other burns???
In a normal year I would think so; we'll have to see. I did about 120 miles through them last year and only found a handful, but I talked to some folks at the McCloud Mushroom Festival and they were bringing in sack-fulls! I asked what the deal was and they said they were only finding them on the steep banks down near the ravines and where the run-off creeks were. Nothing up on top. They went about 2 weeks after we did as well. I'm definitely gonna check them out this year just in case. If you guys didn't get the copies of the wildfire maps I posted last year, give a yell and I'll post them again this year. Happy Shroomin'........

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
What part of the state do you live in? I live near Lake Tahoe and there are no morels in my future
Be patient Lisa....you may still have a 'Morel wish' granted yet. They don't normally pop up here above Shasta Lake until middle to late May. And that's at @ 3500-4000 elevation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts