1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Finally here!

Discussion in 'North Carolina' started by mountainman0073, Apr 13, 2015.

1. mountainman0073

mountainman0073 Morel Enthusiast

Went out yesterday 4/12 for about 3 hours and ended up with about 5 pounds of all types of morels. We're supposed to get quite a bit of rain this week so maybe by this weekend they will be up even more. Happy hunting and good luck.

2. abcmfore4

abcmfore4 Young Morel

Can you give a general location I just moved between Kannapolis and Salisbury last year and trying to determine if it is too late to look around here? The moutain would be later then here I believe?

3. camille

camille Young Morel

We found a quarter of a pound of baby morels in Moncure, North Carolina today April 13, 2015. And harvested two pounds of spinach. Add that to Scalloped Potatoes and Kentucky Fried Tofu and we are gonna be eating goooood tonight!

4. mountainman0073

mountainman0073 Morel Enthusiast

Hey abcforeme, I think you maybe towards the tail end of the season in your neck of the woods but it's just getting started here in the mountains at least in the lower elavations between 1800 and 2200 feet. From here on out they will gradually start coming up in a little higher elevation each week. A few tips I would give you is to look in ditches on the side of the road in areas where morels would normally grow like on northern slopes with tulip poplars present and long flat drainages in the bottom of hollows with humus type soil. Hope this helps and good luck.