Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This year has been tough. I have only found 12 all season. The weather being warm then cold and back again has this year a mess I believe. I'm hoping that there is one more pop this week. I am not sure that it will be much longer than that. I hope it is but I am very hopeful I find a good little stash hidden in the woods! I crave them so much and the hunt is so fun! I don't want it to go away!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long until the season is over? I must find some this year!
This year has been tough. I have only found 12 all season. The weather being warm then cold and back again has this year a mess I believe. I'm hoping that there is one more pop this week. I am not sure that it will be much longer than that. I hope it is but I am very hopeful I find a good little stash hidden in the woods! I crave them so much and the hunt is so fun! I don't want it to go away!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How long until the season is over? I must find some this year!
False morel Plant Terrestrial plant Mushroom Terrestrial animal

False morel Hand Flower Plant Mushroom

Smile Vertebrate Sleeve Mammal Grass

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have pictures of morels from the past 3 years from may 23-may 26th. Upper cambria county gets them last.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
And if you're still finding half-frees the better of your season is still to come. Lawrence Co. western PA. About a pound and a half today. Decent size in prime condition. Only found one stump, and whoever took that one wasn't hunting all that hard. I hunted my low spot, and it was different from hunting my high spot last Thursday. Definitely a one here, one there kind of proposition. And apple trees only gave me one morel. Sycamore and black cherry were the stars today. We have 3 "sort of" hot days coming, with over 2 days of rainy weather to follow, and then back to highs in the uppers 60's and lows in the upper 40's. I think this season has a chance to keep going. Latest I've found a morel here is May 27. I think those are the ones on my avatar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts