Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately during the current windstorm with 20-30 mph and 50 mph gusts, a new fire started outside of Redding City Limits this afternoon. The Zogg fire exploded and went from 400 acres to 1000 acres in 45 minutes and as of 11 pm it is now at 7000 acres and growing with zero containment, heading SSE. Of course this wind erupted all the big fires and evacuations are everywhere. So far Redding proper and my hometown of Shasta Lake are not being threatened or evacuated. The August Complex just west of us has reached 874,000 acres and is 43% contained as of 7pm.
The North Complex near Lake Oroville is at 305,000 acres and is 78% contained, although currently wind driven as they all are. The Slater Fire , which burned into Oregon is at 154,000 acres and 32% contained. We are surrounded by fire. I just hope there is some forest left to hunt mushrooms when this nightmare is over. It is now 12:04am and is 85 degrees with a continuous wind storm. Sorry for the depressing news,... Happy Shroomin' out there!

·
Registered
352 Posts
That sucks hope you got my pics and it brightens your day stay safe and god bless all of you out there

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Yes I did get your photos and it did brighten my day! The one wild fire has expanded to a mind-blowing 1,011,493 acres! They have 265 miles of fire line on just the west side of it with 2,500 firefighters battling it there. It's burnt through 8 counties and is heading to the Redwoods area. I pray that they can stop it before that happens. It's the only place in the world they grow!! We've gotten some relief from the choking smoke lately due to light wind and that's a big help. Thanks Kokomorel for your prayers and good vibes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts