Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for several years I finally gave up on morels....I have a pretty good eye for things so I chalk it up to bad timing...

Then last year I saw a post about Chanterelles from a friend on FB.... A few weeks later we were out hiking and I found a few shrooms and took them home to ID.. Sure enough a few turned out to be edible and we ened up going back and found a pound or two...

That revived my interest and I just started picking what ever mushrooms I found then trying to ID them...

This past December I saw a post on oysters being found and then I found about 15 lbs while out duck hunting!

Had some sauteed in butter and garlic last night with some Walmart LA crawfish and shrimp with the veggies and a Corona!

I'm hoping to get clued in on the right timing and finally find a few morels this year!!

I'm located in Murray/Calloway County and hunt LBL and most of West Ky for critters and fungi.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh man, I always can't wait for the Chanterelles, and I find Oysters year round here! I hunt in Graves county, and when I lived in Calloway a few years back I hunted there as well. I'd say Calloway had way better spots than here in Mayfield, bar none! I had stellar spots in Murray, where I found Blewits, Chanterelles, Pluteus, Oysters, Reishi, Chicken of the woods, Hen of the woods, and too many more to name. I barely find anything here in Graves county, like I did in Calloway! Good luck for your quest for Morels in Calloway :) That was the only mushroom I actually never did find while I resided in Murray, go figure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts