1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

First Time Help

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by zabinsky, May 22, 2016.

1. zabinsky

zabinsky Morel Enthusiast

Took the kids out today and didn't have my guide book with me. I feel fairly confident this is Chicken but wanted to post here and get thoughts. Won't be eating this but did bring a little home to investigate further. Sorry, just started this year and being EXTRA cautious. Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. zabinsky

.... And i can't figure out how to attach the image.

3. zabinsky

Maybe.... [​IMG]

4. zabinsky

]//i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/AndrewZabinskyabinsky/IMG_0197_zpslo2haah9.jpg[/URL][/img][/url]

5. stcroix rob

stcroix rob Morel Connoisseur

Yes Sir, Zabinsky ya found a chicken, going forward try to find yuger smaller one as they aren't as woody. Your kids may enjoy them sliced & batter fried, just like you'd do reg chicken strips.

6. stcroix rob

Zabinsky ; Here's a picture of how we prepare them.

]//i.imgur.com/Am4GPqR.jpg[/img]

7. zabinsky

Fantastic! Thanks for the rapid response, do you do anything special to clean them like soak in salt water?

8. zabinsky

How about this guy too? We left this one alone because it was across the threshold of caution. My memory seems to think it was a good find but didn't chance it. ]//i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/AndrewZabinskyabinsky/IMG_0201_zpsy2dfmdbz.jpg[/URL][/img][/url]

9. stcroix rob

we just wash em & slice. Early season one's are nice, as there's few bugs on them. the small young one's tend to be bug free too.

Not 100% on yer second picture.