foothill findings ,its gonna be a great year!

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by el forager, May 3, 2015.

1. el forager

el forager Young Morel

This is my first year in Colorado and it's been freaking awesome.we have found a few pounds dating back to 4/20/15.
    Now I'm looking forward to going to the burn areas for blacks ! (all that were harvested Were blounds and grays.)
    Which by no means am I compIaining ! I'm located close to the Denver area so if anyone wants to get together and do some hunting please let me know!!! As I will be looking to learn some New areas to hunt ,I have a few fruitful spots myself .anybody know how to upload pic's I would be happy to share my findings.

Thanks Robert

2. feralforager

feralforager Young Morel

Hey! This is my first year ever morel hunting and ive been going out every day looking for 3 weeks and i havent foound any! Not sure what im doing wrong but it makes me sad. Maybe im looking in all the wrong areas. Congrats on your finds!

3. barnaclestorm

barnaclestorm Morel Enthusiast

I live in Evergreen and would love to hunt with you. I hunted in Minnesota for 25 years but don't really know the elevations and terrain to look for here. Congrats on your finds. I would have guessed it would still be a week or more for this area.

4. halina

halina Young Morel

Hi,
    I am available with vehicle weekdays as well as weekends, know a whole lot about boletus and chanterelles, but still need to expand my black morels places. Will be happy to hunt together.
    Halina

5. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Young Morel

Would be down to meet up with some of you for some local denver shroom hunting then later some foothill/mountain hunting. Been out around denver twice this season so far with no avail. I'm guessing soil temps are quite right yet because the moisture and spots I was checking looked great. Anyway, I live near I70 and Wadsworth, free evenings and weekends

6. gulfster

gulfster Young Morel

Any one have any info on burn sites that are producing any morels as of 6/8/15 ?? Please an thank you. Scooter

7. flower of life fungi

flower of life fungi Young Morel

Hoping you all see this and respond want to make a trip up and with this weather won't be to far of I suspect an early year for fungi. Wanted to coordinate a trip I live Kipling and I-70 I know of a few spots from friends but am really not a pro by any means. Sqaw pass is a great spot as well as George town both aren't far I have Friday after three and Saturdays of as of right now and would go any evening. Feel free to just text me if you want 720-366-8578 I'm Jeremiah

8. feralforager

feralforager Young Morel

Im into it! Do you really think they will start coming up right now? I am available the 19th and maybe 20th?

9. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

https://www.etsy.com/listing/230731724/premium-camo-morel-mushroom-drawstring [​IMG]

Check out these bags I just started making!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  10. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

NEW !

Here is a link to the shop, This new camo is being displayed on a brand new material. It is a Micro Polyester Mesh - Spore Friendly !

https://www.etsy.com/listing/271436227/morel-spore-friendly-mesh-bag-hardwood?ref=shop_home_active_1

This camo is also available in my double panel nylon Heavy Duty Mesh bags. Maximum size is 12 x 18.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  11. wahl_jon

wahl_jon Young Morel

Hey Jeremiah!

My name is Jon and I'm from Texas. I lived in the Denver area for a few years and found a few morels here and there. In 2-3 weeks, a couple buddies and I may make the drive up to ski one last time this season. I'd also like to get some trout fishing in (though i'm not awesome at it, by any stretch of the imagination). We are thinking the last weekend in April we may be down for 4-5 days. I'd definitely be down to try to link up and look for some shrooms.

Do you know of any burn areas this year that are legal to pick? I'd be down to try those if they are warm enough. Last year around that time, people were picking pounds in Colorado.

Let me know if you'd be interested. I may shoot you a text in a few days or so. It'll be from an 817 area code.

12. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur

We are having a late season start over here in the Eastern Hardwoods..

How about you all?

Check out the progress of our growth on my video and let me know how far behind we are from CO.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElBqGZ0h358[/video]

13. barnaclestorm

Blondes and greys should be up in about three weeks in the Denver Metro.
    Black Morels grow all over up here in the foothills but I do not like them, although it is fun finding and photographing them. They will come up in 4 or 5 weeks and last about a month or more.

14. feralforager

feralforager Young Morel

Hey! We got a good rain last night, i checked my spots, nothing yet. Anyone else find anything yet? Getting jealous of the findings in other states haha

15. barnaclestorm

Not much point in looking until the lilacs are in bloom. You might find some before then but they will be too small