Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
MNSeeker, I got a couple dozen small grays yesterday in Iowa City. If it was on our land in SW WI I would have left them to grow but.......public land and I took them with me. I think this could be our best season in 5 years if the heat stays away

·
Registered
1 Posts
My location is between Des Moines and Ames . I haven't heard of anyone finding any. Let me know your experiences in Central Iowa. Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
18 Posts
This should be an exceptional week. Heads up everyone. When we went out in SW WI this weekend (near Dubuque), between 2 people and 3 dogs we found well over 30 ticks and all but 2 were deer ticks. We did have our clothes treated and tick shampoo worked on the dogs but two deer ticks were on my mother imbedded. Classic purple site with the inflamed circle surrounding. She's going in today for antibiotics. I've never seen more ticks in my life and I've been going out for many years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5 1/2 lbs thus far,prime pickins now,nice yellows,going to be banner year.good luck,talk to you next year.
HI MOM

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went out by Conesville Marsh in SE Iowa on April 27th. Nine of us found about 4 pounds of little greys - and then it snowed. I live near Des Moines and have been out in Polk and Dallas county after the snow melted and have looked almost every day (today is May 10th). Conditions seem good, but "late" and I haven't found any yet in spots that I almost always do, even in good years. Going on Saturday... Would check tonight (Friday) after work, but gotta date with some barley soda!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts