found some

Discussion in 'Iowa' started by woodsman, Apr 29, 2013.

1. woodsman

woodsman Morel Enthusiast

found couple dozen 2 to 3 inch grays eddyville

2. baddogbetsy

baddogbetsy Morel Enthusiast

nice job woodsman....I'm going to attack the bad weather on Thurs/Fri and really hit the Iowa City area

3. morchella fella

morchella fella Young Morel

Loved hunting morels near Eddyville before the 4 lane went in.

4. mnmorelseeker

mnmorelseeker Morel Enthusiast

BadDogBetsy- any luck in Iowa City area?

5. baddogbetsy

MNSeeker, I got a couple dozen small grays yesterday in Iowa City. If it was on our land in SW WI I would have left them to grow but.......public land and I took them with me. I think this could be our best season in 5 years if the heat stays away

6. actionyes

actionyes Young Morel

My location is between Des Moines and Ames . I haven't heard of anyone finding any. Let me know your experiences in Central Iowa. Thanks,
    Jim

7. baddogbetsy

This is going to be a good week in central Iowa

8. ams1017

ams1017 Young Morel

Found about 13 decent sized yellows and 24 smaller greys this evening in Warren county

9. fungi

fungi Morel Enthusiast

15 in northern Polk all but one fresh little greys

10. baddogbetsy

This should be an exceptional week. Heads up everyone. When we went out in SW WI this weekend (near Dubuque), between 2 people and 3 dogs we found well over 30 ticks and all but 2 were deer ticks. We did have our clothes treated and tick shampoo worked on the dogs but two deer ticks were on my mother imbedded. Classic purple site with the inflamed circle surrounding. She's going in today for antibiotics. I've never seen more ticks in my life and I've been going out for many years.

11. ironmaiden

ironmaiden Morel Enthusiast

If it rains these next two days cant be "exceptional"

12. woodsman

woodsman Morel Enthusiast

5 1/2 lbs thus far,prime pickins now,nice yellows,going to be banner year.good luck,talk to you next year.
    HI MOM

13. tman

tman Young Morel

Always ticks in the woods? is this something new?

14. funinfunguy

funinfunguy Young Morel

Went out by Conesville Marsh in SE Iowa on April 27th. Nine of us found about 4 pounds of little greys - and then it snowed. I live near Des Moines and have been out in Polk and Dallas county after the snow melted and have looked almost every day (today is May 10th). Conditions seem good, but "late" and I haven't found any yet in spots that I almost always do, even in good years. Going on Saturday... Would check tonight (Friday) after work, but gotta date with some barley soda!