Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new here. I moved to Foxboro last year and I’m excited to get out and go hunting for morels. I lived in northern MI in the 90’s and did some hunting there, but that’s the extent of my experience. Everyone was very secretive as to where to look and God forgives our if you asked where there spot was!

Suggestions for the Newbie?
Thanks and happy hunting.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi, I’m new here. I moved to Foxboro last year and I’m excited to get out and go hunting for morels. I lived in northern MI in the 90’s and did some hunting there, but that’s the extent of my experience. Everyone was very secretive as to where to look and God forgives our if you asked where there spot was!

Suggestions for the Newbie?
Thanks and happy hunting.
Welcome to the Forum @Lisashroom ! Checkout past threads for your state and surrounding area for some local insight. Also dig into other state's threads & past year's for general morel knowledge, tips, & hints! Best advice I could give is walk the woods, learn to identify some trees,🌳 & look 👀around down/shedding trees on your hikes! Mostly Just have Fun out in Nature! Happy Hunting to You & Hope You Pick🍄 Bags🛍 Full!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Also, get pm YouTube and search for "Learn Your Land". They have a lot of vids covering every aspect of mushroom hunting and wild foraging. Great vids with a very knowledgeable presenter. They are located in western PA., but I'm sure some of the knowledge is transferable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts