Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner and I have a youtube channel dedicated to mushroom hunting! We share tips and advice on getting started. We will be filming our mushroom finds everyday during the season so at that point it will be a daily vlog series!! woohoo!

We're also trying to get a group together to do a foray here in MN, so subscribe like, and share. It would also be fun to hear your first morel story! You can comment on my youtube video in the comments section or you can submit a video comment! How cool is that!

We're looking to meet new people and share our passions, that's what this is about. Please don't come if you are looking to judge and be negative. We are positive people who love life and have all kinds of good vibes! If you've got a similar outlook then come on down!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was hiking up a forested hill in Southwest Ohio (leaving an unsuccessful morel hunt), I stumbled and fell forward onto the ground. I looked up from the ground and there it was inches from my face, the 1st morel I ever found.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1962 I was almost two I went with my grandpa during Dutch elm disease times. He'd bring 10 large paper grocery bags and fill all in less than two hours. Enough to fill a bath tub! To young to remember but I remember remembering so its closest thing to knowing gpa
He died in 1963. About 1980 I got his hand carved elm mushroom stick and continue to use it every season. It's in my car now to use after work.
We got about 75# that day
Best day after that 1993, buddy and me stumbled on cottonwoods downed by beaver. 40# in less than two hours

1 - 3 of 3 Posts