Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls! As I posted 2 weeks ago, I found zero at my favorite Madison County spot. I have been watching the forecasts for the area closely every since, thinking I might try again although it is a 4 hour drive from my home in central NC. Something I was surprised to see is that they have been having sub-freezing temps about every second or third night. I don't remember this in previous years?? Has anyone found merkels even though it freezes at night? The latest forecast indicates they may not have any more night freezes this year. I just wondered what your experiences have been with this.
Thanks for replying, and good luck to all!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Blacks have been found near there in the past week with some small and a few large yellows in the past few days. This in the area from Stanton to Winchester per local reports.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey boys and girls! As I posted 2 weeks ago, I found zero at my favorite Madison County spot. I have been watching the forecasts for the area closely every since, thinking I might try again although it is a 4 hour drive from my home in central NC. Something I was surprised to see is that they have been having sub-freezing temps about every second or third night. I don't remember this in previous years?? Has anyone found merkels even though it freezes at night? The latest forecast indicates they may not have any more night freezes this year. I just wondered what your experiences have been with this.
Thanks for replying, and good luck to all!!
I’ve tried 3 different areas in Madison and haven’t found anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts