1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Gatlinburg area

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by ricard76, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

I will be in the Gatlinburg area this weekend. Can anyone provide any tips on types of areas to hunt for the blacks in the mountains. I find them in KY in areas of poplar/hickory typically on N and E facing slopes and on ridge tops. That warm rain last night should have them popping.

2. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

Searched a promising looking area today for about an hour today outside of Gatlinburg but no luck.

3. jrl1958

jrl1958 Young Morel

I live about hour north of Gatlinburg, non up yet, Its usually around 2nd week of April.

4. free_mother_earth

free_mother_earth Young Morel

We live just east of Gatlinburg. The weather the past several days is shaping up beautifully for morel season. Last night we got some really good rains, and the temps are holding at night. We went out today and did some hunting with no luck but I think its any day now they will start. I just finally joined this site to be able to post but I am in and constantly searching the net in different groups this time of year to see about East Tennessee and haven't yet seen any evidence they are here just yet, but really picking up considerably west of us in the state. Good luck ~ hopefully we'll see a good flush this year.

5. Scott elmore

Scott elmore Young Morel

I live in the Blount co. Area and am looking for someone to hunt with if anyone is interested.

6. Mushroom_Madness

Mushroom_Madness Young Morel

I'm right off Whites School rd. Outside of Sevierville. Searched some great looking spots in the past few days. No luck