Featured Gaylord Report

Discussion in 'Gaylord Area' started by owf, Apr 26, 2015.

1. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on the northern mi boards. Just wondering how things are going for everyone. Any reports on finds in the area yet?

2. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

No one is saying a thing. Hmm
    Must be some secrets in northern MI.

3. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

It means there in the woods were you should be:)

4. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

Gotta be happening up there. Just wondering when to make the trip.

5. morel-magnet

morel-magnet Young Morel

I've been picking nice greys and blondes in the Waterloo Rec Area this week (So. Mich.). With all the extra warm temps, and the rain predicted for mothers day weekend, I'm thinking I'll come up in the Gaylord area on the 12th or 13th for a couple days. Shroom Hard or Stay at Home!

6. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

Im on my way north. You guys save me some up there.

7. mmh

mmh Morel Connoisseur

Jack, If all goes as planned Mushroom Mary and I will be in your area Tuesday A.M. to hunt the woods that were my first morel experience, I always try to go back there. We would like to meet and enjoy a Talleys burger. I will post or call to see if you are free. Brad If you are near we would like to meet you too. I will buy the burgers and suds. Thank You

8. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

Talleys must be good. You guys talk about it like it is anyway. Im gonna have to stop in there

9. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

MMH, sound good so far. OWF, Talleys was voted the "Best Burger in Northern Michigan "

10. mushroom312

mushroom312 Morel Enthusiast

Hey all, new round here but I but I believe Jack, you used to impart your wisdom at my old favorite site, North Country Morels. I was bummed when that site disappeared, lot of very informed folks used to converse there. I'm also planning a midweek trek up to Lewiston next week. Wondering what you all are expecting to find? Any chance of blacks still happening? Down here in Oakland they were in and out like a flash.

11. jack

Welcome !! Blacks should still be in, and maybe some whites. I think I have an idea where you may be going. I haven't heard a report from there, as a group of my friends have been there since Monday. I'm sure most of Ohio & Indiana are there too.

12. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

Gonna have to check that burger out then. All packed and heading north soon. Should be there by morning. Wish me a safe trip.

13. cotty

cotty Morel Connoisseur

any idea what this is

&lt;a href=&quot;[​IMG]"&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[​IMG]" alt="" /&gt;</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  14. mushroom312

Any thoughts on whether the frost that's headed that way will be severe enough to hamper the shrooms?

15. jack

The frost shouldn't bother them at all. We didn't get a frost here in Lewiston. Yes, also, I used to be on the site till they shut down. Now people are on here and Facebook.

16. owf

owf Morel Enthusiast

The cooler weather sure does make it more enjoyable to walk in the woods. The ticks skeeters and black flys were terrible the other day

17. mushroom312

I appreciate the inf then as now. Leavin in the a.m. My mom's over on West Twin she say's their expecting frost tonight. Y'all cover other mushrooms on this site? i hunt spring to fall and enjoyed comparing notes with the others at NCM.

18. mushroom312

Anybody here have any luck? I found about 7 after 10 hours of hunting. White and greys. Granted I'm not super experienced esp. here in the northlands but it seems pretty lean to me. I usually at least see cut stems.

19. mmh

mmh Morel Connoisseur

My brother went north and hopefully will call with a report around noon Friday. I will post all info. he has.

20. funguy jon

funguy jon Morel Enthusiast

We finally got a few all day soaks here in Ogemaw. I found a decent patch of gypsies x) the honeys were popping here and there and even a few black trumpets and a few nice hericium logs found today. Boletes of all kinds, EXCEPT kings... :/ It felt good to be out stretching the back and legs, even though I sweat like a hog. Shroom on.