1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

GEO

Discussion in 'New York' started by lynkage, May 19, 2015.

1. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Sorry but I was hoping to get your attention sooner than later,hence topic title. Getting an unexpected few days off and thinkin' on exploring out of my usual areas.Wanted a little info on your big haul(elevation and facing slope mostly).Any other thoughts would be fantabulous.Work needs to be done here but like you've said before,"Morel season is short,the list is perpetual"(quote may be off,but remembered the gist).Trying to make the best of my time while keeping everybody happy.Hopin' to make the everybody list myself.Take care and Happy Hunting!!

2. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Lynk,
    The haul of 108 morels were situated on a southerly facing hill at about 1700'. There weren't tall and robust trees around so the canopy was moderate. The morels were just about prime, if I could I would of gave them a couple more days.
    The next day I found 22 in a more or less open meadow at 400'. They got lots of sun but were just past prime.
    Also found 35 under a more dense canopy at 1000'. Again these were just past prime but still nice, a lot of weight but fragile.
    The next time I can escape I will be searching at about 1800'.
    I can't see how but I hope this helps.
    The work will always be there, our biggest occupational hazard is burn out. Let everyone know that you work best on a full charge and the woods recharges your battery. At least that is my story.
    I hope you score big, really big. Go get em!

3. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Thanx,Geo.I was considering my choices to head out to and explore.Higher elevations were what I was leaning towards.You did help,a lot better than a coin flip.Thanks again!

4. geogymn

geogymn Morel Connoisseur

Lynk, report? I hope you have too many to count.