Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
You win again, my friend, for the whole US, so far as I am aware. It's fucking incredible. I guess I have to give you credit for the ones 2 years ago too, now. Amazing. I know where that store is, too. Congratulations. Just amazing how early it is. I went walking in Clarke Co. just a little while ago and you could sure feel the Spring coming on...

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You win again, my friend, for the whole US, so far as I am aware. It's fucking incredible. I guess I have to give you credit for the ones 2 years ago too, now. Amazing. I know where that store is, too. Congratulations. Just amazing how early it is. I went walking in Clarke Co. just a little while ago and you could sure feel the Spring coming on...
Thanks man! I’m so glad it’s already starting. I’m so lucky that I have them growing right on my land, don’t have to go far to hunt.

· Registered
51 Posts
View attachment 41147 Found a few little ones today. Warm days and rain have started poppin’ em.
Congrats man! That must be some sort shallow area around big rocks for the soil to warm up that quickly. I had a spot close by that was really early compared to everywhere else but alas I no longer have access to it.

· Administrator
2,538 Posts
Congrats man! That must be some sort shallow area around big rocks for the soil to warm up that quickly. I had a spot close by that was really early compared to everywhere else but alas I no longer have access to it.
@pastorj pastorj pastorj ... how do you do Sir
Wade here... We been Watching for You..
And Believing that You will soon be finding Morels and posting some Beautiful Pictures for us

· Registered
51 Posts
@pastorj pastorj pastorj ... how do you do Sir
Wade here... We been Watching for You..
And Believing that You will soon be finding Morels and posting some Beautiful Pictures for us
Thanks for thinking of me. I’ve been more and more distracted by fishing and have lost the motivation to hunt morels really early in the season. It’s so much easier after they’ve been up a couple weeks.
:)
Also, One of the areas I’ve hunted for ten years has been completely destroyed. Logged out all the way down to the creek. I used to find 20-30 pounds a year there and now for the past two years less than 10 individual mushrooms. It’s been heartbreaking.

Ive also been preoccupied with my YouTube channel. Check it out, these are 360 degree videos so you can actually turn the camera and look in any direction. I hope to post some morel videos this spring.

· Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man! I’m so glad it’s already starting. I’m so lucky that I have them growing right on my land, don’t have to go far to hunt.
[/QUOTE\

I started to try to put pieces of the puzzle together, because I have a friend who bought about 21 acres last year that butted up to some property that butts up to a river branch. In short, I know exactly were your honey hole is. Don't worry, Luke and I will stay on his in-laws side, lol.

· Administrator
2,538 Posts
Thanks for thinking of me. I’ve been more and more distracted by fishing and have lost the motivation to hunt morels really early in the season. It’s so much easier after they’ve been up a couple weeks.
Also, One of the areas I’ve hunted for ten years has been completely destroyed. Logged out all the way down to the creek. I used to find 20-30 pounds a year there and now for the past two years less than 10 individual mushrooms. It’s been heartbreaking.

Ive also been preoccupied with my YouTube channel. Check it out, these are 360 degree videos so you can actually turn the camera and look in any direction. I hope to post some morel videos this spring.

So sorry to here about your beloved old woods being destroyed..it reminds me of the exact thing happening when I was only about 6 years old 😢
When Dad walked us out to where we always Hunted.. I still Remember the Horrible site that put me into shock, as I spoke out Loudly.. "Daddy where are All the Trees" They cut um all down, he explained. " Where are All of Our Mushrooms" There's not any Mushrooms they can't grow without the Trees, .. still in shock: I ask "why anyone would do this and destroy all the Mushrooms" 🍄 🍄🍄🍄 they don't care about the Mushrooms, He said; all they care about is getting Money for the Trees. .. that ended my Questions.. as I stood there still in shock and so Horribly Horribly Hurt.
And just could Not believe it, how could anyone make such mistake, Destroying all the Trees and Mushrooms, for Money.
I Remember Dad looking Out across what had been So Wonderful and Amazing, shaking his head and saying " it will Never be the same"
I'll be 59 this April 14th.. I still hunt there and All the same old spots near by.. Hunted here for 57 years Now, I Remember Daddy first carried me in with him when I was just 2 years old..
I may never find Morels again Like Dad did by the big Grocery sacks full... But I still find some.
Mostly I just Love the Hunt and being out there, it's where I need to be...

· Registered
32 Posts
Awesome find Jupette!!!! Love seeing the pictures from the south come north. Up here in Wisco we have a cery long time to go. Unfortunately we have had maybe 15 inches of snow all winter which is about 40 inches maybe more below average. We were in extreme drought last year in the south central part of l the state and I'm praying for a late snow storm of 8 inches or more which we get at least every year but not this year so far, or some good rains we had about a quarter to half inch freezing rain the other day Lol. But also hoping it's not like last year where we had them poping in March then it froze and killed them, we had are normal May pop but was far and few in between no rain so it hurt bad. Northern Wisconsin on the other hand had record year for blacks and yellows. Wish you the best of luck down there!! One year I am going to make a progression trip from south to north think it would be amazing not just for the morels but the sights and the amazing people you would meet!!!

· Registered
3 Posts

GDOT destroyed my honey-hole:confused:

I’m hoping they “migrated” a little further back into the woods, but so far no dice, though I’m up in Pickens county where temps are still a little cooler.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
GDOT destroyed my honey-hole:confused:

I’m hoping they “migrated” a little further back into the woods, but so far no dice, though I’m up in Pickens county where temps are still a little cooler.
How did they do that? I do most of my hunting at my fish & game club. There's a couple of spots in out dog training area where I find them. Walking in on the main trail last year, I noticed that they had cut a few new trails off into the woods. I made sure to check them out, and found a bunch of really nice ones! Now, they could have been there all along, but inaccessible to me since our club is one giant thicket! I remembered reading in Michael Kuo's book "Morels", that sometimes disturbance of the soil can bring on a flush. It seems to "bother" the mycelium and cause it to put up mushrooms/

· Administrator
2,538 Posts
How bout it Yall... oh Never Mind... I'll just try to calm down here and wait a Week...
I've noticed that a lot of Yall's internet down there in Georgia Runs Really Really Slow Every Spring... cause even when your finding, 🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄 We don't see your Reporting and Pictures online till a week or more Later... but I understand the Real reason for this delay🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄🍄😁 It's because all the Hi-Speed internet technicians are also out in the woods Finding... So the service Quality and Speeds drop👎🏻 until they get back to work, right after the first big flush of Morels......
❤🍄👍🏻 or is there some other Logical reason 🤔

1 - 20 of 110 Posts