1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

GPS?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by rumpleforeskin, Apr 10, 2014.

1. rumpleforeskin

rumpleforeskin Morel Enthusiast

I am currently using my Magellan Sport Track Pro Color from 2000. It has all my mushroom locations along with what they are, like blacks or yellows. I am looking to upgrade and want something that is cloud based, and I can see all of my locations at once. Can My I phone and google maps do this? The last GPS i considered buying was a Garmin Oregon 600T. My old gps takes forever to locate itself and it uses a serial port cable. You have to connect it to a computer and load the map you intend to use. No computers have a serial port anymore. I can no longer do all of that. Any suggestions? I would really like to use my I phone I just dont know what app or if it will work with no cell reception.

2. sciotoguy

sciotoguy Morel Connoisseur

Seems abit strange but look at some fishing apps,, you can way point not only on lakes but on land also

but then again i am on droid,, but should be something out there,,, trick is,, if it imports your data...

Check hunting map apps also.

3. rumpleforeskin

rumpleforeskin Morel Enthusiast

How cool would it be to have a map of all your locations and info on when they came up? Currently, i write it all down. April 28 last year was my first find. 19 Blacks in Mocican. It would be nice to passs this info on. I wonder if Geocahcers have an App?

4. tjgriff

tjgriff Young Morel

For business purposes I use www.maplist.com. I takes information from a spreadsheet and creates a map with pins. The pins can hold some roll-over information