Grand Rapids, MI Hunting

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by GFS1985, May 21, 2019.

1. Cheryl Nelson

Cheryl Nelson Morel Enthusiast

I was thinking the same thing. It's one thing to sell some to a few neighbors, but the restaurant would be taking on a huge liability when serving to the public. Did u get an opportunity to view the other pics of mushrooms? I'm just wondering what they are and if they're edible. Really appreciate your assistance!

1 person likes this.
  2. Kbart

Kbart Morel Enthusiast

Those other mushrooms are outside of my realm. I stick to only a few types and I can't positively ID those.

1 person likes this.

3. Cheryl Nelson

Cheryl Nelson Morel Enthusiast

Thanks for all your input :)

4. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

There is a post on the Wisconsin boards, with a link, that addresses this very issue. And yes, you DO need a broker's license. Plus, you need multiple tens of pounds to really do any business. If you're going to sell, it's best to have the details ironed out in advance. Do they want them fresh or dried. Size? Delivery and payment?

I'm in NE Ohio and I know some guys in the restaurant biz that I could sell morels to, but I've never found enough of them. So, I keep them for myself! :)

5. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have visited the area but never hunted it. On my visit I did see Ash trees.
    Unfortunately I have no more Intel. than that. Good luck my friend

1 person likes this.
  6. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I believe that anyone has to go through a class in order to be certified to sell mushrooms whatever type they may be. You could probably find a restaurant that would buy them at the back door but unless you and the buyer are positive that they are edible you may open yourself and the restaurant to liability

1 person likes this.
  7. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

You must be certified to sell mushrooms legally. You can take the class in the fall and in the Spring.

1 person likes this.