1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

grayson county

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by serenitywolf, Apr 28, 2013.

1. serenitywolf

serenitywolf Morel Enthusiast

WOW had the best day ever found 52 big white one/yellows they are so awesome, going back tomorrow. hope everyone else is doing good. my total is 146 now, woot woot!

2. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

What kind of areas did you find the 52? I'm headed to Hart Tuesday hoping the Sat/Sun rains bring on anther flush of yellows/greys. I've been finding them in Hart on east and north facing hills of poplar and hickory. Found 9 more today in Jefferson. 8 were big yellows and 1 tiny grey left to grow.

3. serenitywolf

hey ricard i find most of mine in cedar thickets on the east and north, i dont hear of many people talking about cedars but thats where i've found most of mine, found 6 more today total is 152. good luck

4. ukchrisb

ukchrisb Young Morel

Myself and a couple of friends have found over 1000 since April 19th in Butler County. FYI

5. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

I have never found any in cedar thickets but have found a few under large individual cedar trees. My wife & I had a pretty good hunt this morning finding 94 small yellow, whites and tans. I say pretty good until I arrive at my truck which is parked on my farm and there is a car parked next to my truck with a note on their windshield saying who they are and that they are picking mushrooms! No one has permission to pick on our farm other than a couple of friends who own the farm with me. Some folks have a lot of nerve! Season total 394 and it is close to being over.

6. sunnyd

sunnyd Morel Enthusiast

I am in Mo right now. Have never found a place in Ky that I have found any...but hit the JACKPOT in West central Mo.....16 pounds in TWO days....They are the Blondes.....Got most ready to freeze....

7. sunnyd

sunnyd Morel Enthusiast

@ricard...I would have stayed there till they got back and TAKEN them from them....after finding out of they found any...and then informing them that they were TRESPASSING and they could turn over what they found to you, or face 1st degree criminal trespassing charges...

8. serenitywolf

glad to hear everbody is doing good, found 27 more today total 179 and none of them has been small one's. had a big mess for supper. yum yum!