Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a couple videos on youtube about how one can allegedly blend up morel bits, molasses (or corn syrup), filtered water, and a little salt and splurge it around trees and such to get more morels the next year (?). Does anyone know if this really works? I found a few in my yard this year, though I do have really crappy clay soil... just wondering what other people's experiences have been.

·
Registered
48 Posts
"though I do have really crappy clay soil "
That's where mine grow! I usually have a few by my driveway every year, sometimes none. Last year I made a slurry and dumped it in the woods on the other side of my driveway. This year I had lots on one side but none in the area I dumped. I also dumped at a location a few miles away and nothing there. If it works maybe it takes more than one year.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think that there are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there. Think about it. If someone could figure out how to "grow" morels, you'd be able to buy them in grocery stores. I have seen You Tube vids that indicate that China has figured it out for one specific species, but it still looked like a gigantic project. And China is the last place I'd want to buy a mushroom or mushroom product from!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts