1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from Ulster County, NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by goshawkfalconer, Aug 2, 2014.

1. goshawkfalconer

goshawkfalconer Young Morel

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. fogwhisper

fogwhisper Morel Connoisseur

Your chicken looks like it's been growing for a while, I usually just break off the edges of chicken mushrooms it's the most tender part.Plus you don't disturb the mycilium

3. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

U can take the hard pieces and make mushroom stock with it.

4. lynkage

lynkage Morel Connoisseur

Good tips guys! And welcome,Goshawk!!Was just out for a short peek.Got some hedgehogs,a couple chants and couple trumpets.Surprisingly dry after recent rains.And bugs galore.Gotta get back to the garden.Enjoy!!!

5. goshawkfalconer

Thanks all. Got out today for a little bit and found a ton of Ramaria and a few Amanitas. Found a few gilled mushrooms that I'm still trying to id, and what appears to be a rotted chanterelle.

I only cut maybe an inch out of each chicken shelf, but this one was definitely a bit older.

6. goshawkfalconer

Too bad nothing edible today, but here are the pics that I am kind of stuck on.
    [​IMG]
    Any idea where to start Id on this one?

[​IMG]
    Ramaria sp. I was thinking it looked like gelatinosa.

[​IMG]
    Having a hard time finding an ID on this one too.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  7. jmerx

jmerx Morel Connoisseur

Bottom one looks like a peppery milky and middle is coral of some sort.

8. goshawkfalconer

It appears the top photo is a Lycoperdon pyriforme. Choice edible in the young stages! Second is definitely a coral of some sort. I am leaning toward the Ramaria genus. Third does look like a peppery milky. The local deer population trampled them so I did not see any seeping the gills.