Hello, New to the Board

Discussion in 'Southern Michigan' started by tlag77, May 7, 2014.

1. tlag77

tlag77 Young Morel

Hey there,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Tim, I'm in Oakland County, just got into 'shrooming a couple years ago so I have a lot to learn. Thanks to this board I have gained some knowledge on this subject. On another note with this rain and warmth coming we should see some morels popping all over....I hope.

2. austinbagge

austinbagge Young Morel

Yes, Hello. I'm new to this website and have been 'shrooming for 4 years i think.. I'm from Kent county. But normally find my mushrooms up in Newaygo. And the morels are definitely already starting to pop around here

3. tlag77

tlag77 Young Morel

Well I found about 8 whole mushrooms last year, found a spot that was decent and has a couple guys run up and start picking right where I was picking, gotta love public land. Hoping to have a better year this year. Will see what happens.

4. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

Here's what they look like
    <a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/198429_3493024456645_1760606386_n_zps7ad5cd9b.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  5. tickseed

tickseed Morel Enthusiast

Hi all, another new guy from Oakland County here, my name is Sam. Ive been shroomin for about 4-5 yrs or so for many types of shrooms usually in Oakland county state land. Last year was my first year to find morels in any appreciable amount - maybe a pound total or couple stir fry dinners worth. Great stuff but they sure are hard to find. I had no advance knowledge of spots so I had spend alot of bush time getting to find some spots. Youtube vids helped alot but sometimes I ended up finding them in unlikely locations too. Abandoned homesteads and former farmlands-turn-forest have worked best so far but I have yet to find any motherlodes.

Now that I do have some advance knowledge of spots, I hoping to have a better spring this year.

I'm also going to be driving through Oklahoma real soon around early april and I was thinking about giving it shot over there.

Hoping for motherlodes finds for all.

6. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Enthusiast

Hi Tflag and Tickseed. Check out Mushroom Jack's videos! He does a really nice job. Just don't poach on his patch and you'll be fine :mrgreen:

I'm headed to AR for a week and hope to find some shrooms there. At least it's SPRING down there and it's green.