1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! going to TN on vacation Apr 16-18

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by smguffer, Apr 8, 2015.

1. smguffer

smguffer Morel Connoisseur

roughly 7-10 days from now in Gatlinburg TN in the Smokey Mountains.

Do I have any chance in hell @ finding morels there? ... i know nothing about it.

Here in St. Louis Missouri, Morels are going to be BOOMING at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  2. juanitohortoni

juanitohortoni Morel Enthusiast

I have found them in the Smokies. I live in Asheville, NC and it still seems a bit early for the most part here. I found some at my super early spot near Hot Springs a week and a half ago, but it is usually 2 weeks ahead of other sites. I was out this morning scouting for turkey and didn't see any coming up where I usually do. I would think things should be booming in the mountains by next weekend. Look for "sweet" coves with lots of tulip poplar, buckeye and spring wildflowers. Good luck!

3. smguffer

smguffer Morel Connoisseur

4. rosealabama83

rosealabama83 Morel Enthusiast

You don't pass through our near Huntsville/Decatur Alabama on your way by chance, do you? I'm an excellent hunter and I am familiar with hunting in these southern areas, we could be if huge help to each other and I'd pay my fair share of gas money, I'm really being and wanting to get to somewhere like the smokies! But your chances either way, with or without me, your chances are great for finding then this weekend, oh how I want to go too!!! 256 SIX FOUR TWO 97 EIGHT TWO