Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got notified of a wildfire just starting north of Shasta Lake at Salt Creek. It's 200 acres and growing; this is in addition to the 18,000 acre Lava Fire burning on the NNE side of Mt. Shasta. They are almost ready to shut down Interstate 5 between Mt. Shasta and Weed. The town of Weed has been evacuated already.
Man,...we just can't get any rain out here...it's dry as h_ll and single digit humidity. All we can hope for is rain by Matsutake time! Wish us luck!......

·
Registered
670 Posts
jdaniels313 --- You got my attention with "single digits humidity".
Heart felt hopes to all in your area for more life supporting weather!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks sb! We really appreciate your 'good vibes' out this way! So far me and mine are all fine, as well as home & property. But we are remaining vigilant! Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
We just got notified of a wildfire just starting north of Shasta Lake at Salt Creek. It's 200 acres and growing; this is in addition to the 18,000 acre Lava Fire burning on the NNE side of Mt. Shasta. They are almost ready to shut down Interstate 5 between Mt. Shasta and Weed. The town of Weed has been evacuated already.
Man,...we just can't get any rain out here...it's dry as h_ll and single digit humidity. All we can hope for is rain by Matsutake time! Wish us luck!......
only the north end communities were evacuated. the majoritiy of the city was not evacuated.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that update! Lots of inaccurate info gets tossed around in all the chaos; I don't want to partake in spreading it! Thanks again. Happy Shroomin'............

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, say some prayers for the Lake Almanor area; the Dixie Fire is 85,000 acres and headed that way.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts