1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

How to keep fresh

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by sporeloser, May 2, 2014.

1. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

What's the best way to keep em fresh and how long will the stay fresh?

2. boom boom shroom

boom boom shroom Morel Enthusiast

I take em wash em up halve them then leave a little moisture on em and put in a zip lock bag and throw em in the veggie crisper in ur fridge shuld keep them firm for about 5 7 days not too wet tho or they'll get soggy ...

3. sporeloser

sporeloser Morel Connoisseur

Thanks Boom Boom I'm kind of new to this and never had to worry about this in the past couple years but now I'm finding enough that I can't eat em all when I get home. Have you ever dried them out if so how do you do it?

4. dean

dean Morel Enthusiast

I once used a old window screen on a hot day (like Wednesday will be) and they dried in only hours.
    Placed into old coffee can and rehydrated years later.

5. 0101010101

0101010101 Morel Enthusiast

I dry them too. You can dry them anywhere but the key is you want air movement. A window screen works good. I keep a fan on them because I dry them inside. They're completely dry in a couple days and quite a bit smaller and easier to store.

6. big sexy

big sexy Morel Enthusiast

For 30 bucks Walley World has dehydrators. You can dry them out in quantity. There's nothing quite like frying up morels while you are snowed in in the middle of winter.

7. morel madman

morel madman Morel Enthusiast

Has anybody ever stored extras in the freezer?