huge morels in eau claire

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by aries032874, Jun 9, 2013.

1. aries032874

aries032874 Young Morel

I found three pounds of morels rright in the city in a little patch of woods

2. aries032874

aries032874 Young Morel

How do you post photos?

3. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

ARIES032874
    Read the FAQ It tells you how, about 3/4 down the page. FAQ is on the Home Page.

4. stcroix rob

stcroix rob Morel Connoisseur

aries032874,Did you get your photos to post? If those were yours on the photo page, I have a harvest suggestion to cut them off rather than pull up the whole thing.Below is suggested harvest method for "Chants." but I personally feel it applies to morels also. Nice job finding some this late, ain't it GREAT!!

" 1)Harvest your mushrooms. While it is assumed by many beginners that picking the mushroom is the easiest and safest way to harvest a mushroom, cutting it above the stem base will allow more chanterelles to fruit in the same spot later. The beginnings of more chanterelles are contained in the stringy mycelium (fungal roots) that connects to the mushroom base, and tearing away the thread will potentially weaken the patch. For identification purposes, unearth a chanterelle to view the entire fruiting body, but otherwise, use a knife! [2] ":wink: