Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a new morel hunter and had a fairly decent spring hunt this year in the Sierras Are there ever morels in the Sierras in the fall? What about the area around Nevada city? Thank you in advance for your input, Lisa

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello, I am a new morel hunter and had a fairly decent spring hunt this year in the Sierras Are there ever morels in the Sierras in the fall? What about the area around Nevada city? Thank you in advance for your input, Lisa
Hey Lisa, this is a very late reply but to my knowledge no one finds Morels out here after the last part of May to mid-June due to the hella hot temperatures and lack of rain at that point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lisa-now's the time and season to find them. Nevada City area is a good place to look. As summer gets closer, try going to higher elevations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Lisa-now's the time and season to find them. Nevada City area is a good place to look. As summer gets closer, try going to higher elevations.
Hey Lisa, Serra Nevada has a variety of edible mushrooms. I usually go south to Eldorado county at 5000 ft plus elevation to search but I'm sure Nevada City nearby has the same ecosystem. I post videos on mushroom findings https://www.youtube.com/c/BinJin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts