1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

hunting partner

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by amyb, Apr 30, 2014.

1. amyb

amyb Young Morel

I'm in Clarke county, looking for some people who can hunt during the day. Would love to look around here, but also GW National Forest, etc.

2. l1ranger

l1ranger Morel Enthusiast

I dont know any places in clarke, but I'm in Shenandoah County with lots of natl forest access and have hunted with success on natl forest in northeastern warren county. my schedule is pretty flexible. as soon as this rain lets up I'll be trying to maximize my time in the woods searching

3. amyb

amyb Young Morel

let me know if you plan to go out on one day. are you looking near oaks mostly and ash? my father finds lots on his apple orchard, but is a bit silent about where, exactly (i know, i know)..

4. l1ranger

apple orchards are good. back home there was an old orchard up in the mtns where we used to find them. I find the most in poplar groves.

5. amyb

amyb Young Morel

Found some at my dad's in frederick county today. No poplar groves around here. thanks for commenting.

6. l1ranger

good news. a friend of mine found 76 yesterday in warren. im heading out in a bit but I dont have much time this weekend at all. maybe next week