Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went out yesterday, near Lawrence, and it felt too early still. I have heard of some being found in the area but not in any large numbers. I don't have any great, consistent spots for greys, but I checked spots where I've found them before and didn't have any luck. I think I'm going to wait for some rain before I go out again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife found 24 grays and 4 yellows Tuesday the 10th. All were very small and fresh. Found in a spot that we had checked on Sunday and weren't up yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found the first one today. Leavenworth County. I went and looked around a generous elm stump that I check every year. As soon as I saw this little guy, I backed out. I really don't want to be stepping on them before I can even see them!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Found the first one today. Leavenworth County. I went and looked around a generous elm stump that I check every year. As soon as I saw this little guy, I backed out. I really don't want to be stepping on them before I can even see them!
J12goose G'Luck w/that stump..hope theres 200 roun' it next visit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seth,

I'm not sure if the cool weather will slow the mushrooms down or not. It wouldn't hurt to get out and look, especially while the ticks won't be quite as active. I do think that it'll be better hunting next week though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts