Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Robinbluebird from Indiana and I'm looking for morels in Detroit Michigan tomorrow. Can anyone out there tell me what trees to look under?? This is totally different look here that's in Indiana. I can't wait to get out and take a look, but unfortunately work does come first.. Anyway if anyone can tell me there secrets of certain trees, that will help me gratefully. I drive along I69 looking and thinking this looks good, that looks good.. I so want to stop but not sure about those rules, you never know.... at least I don't and do care but being out of state could be different rules. So anyone out there that can help me? I don't want to go home empty handed. Please help..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Robin, it's been nearly 24 hours and no replies. I'd suggest a different strategy. You are from Indiana, so I would suggest posting this on the Indiana boards requesting help from fellow Indianans who hunt in Michigan. You surely know how parochial morel hunters can be. I'm a Buckeye and an Ohio State fan. I might as well go on the Michigan boards and ask for help finding morels around Ann Arbor!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robin, it's been nearly 24 hours and no replies. I'd suggest a different strategy. You are from Indiana, so I would suggest posting this on the Indiana boards requesting help from fellow Indianans who hunt in Michigan. You surely know how parochial morel hunters can be. I'm a Buckeye and an Ohio State fan. I might as well go on the Michigan boards and ask for help finding morels around Ann Arbor!
Thank you

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Michigan now and my new friend took me out and showed me around. We found 247 today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts