I want mushrooms

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by Robinbluebird, May 15, 2019.

1. Robinbluebird

Robinbluebird Morel Enthusiast

Hi I'm Robinbluebird from Indiana and I'm looking for morels in Detroit Michigan tomorrow. Can anyone out there tell me what trees to look under?? This is totally different look here that's in Indiana. I can't wait to get out and take a look, but unfortunately work does come first.. Anyway if anyone can tell me there secrets of certain trees, that will help me gratefully. I drive along I69 looking and thinking this looks good, that looks good.. I so want to stop but not sure about those rules, you never know.... at least I don't and do care but being out of state could be different rules. So anyone out there that can help me? I don't want to go home empty handed. Please help..

Kokomorel and (deleted member) like this.
  2. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Robin, it's been nearly 24 hours and no replies. I'd suggest a different strategy. You are from Indiana, so I would suggest posting this on the Indiana boards requesting help from fellow Indianans who hunt in Michigan. You surely know how parochial morel hunters can be. I'm a Buckeye and an Ohio State fan. I might as well go on the Michigan boards and ask for help finding morels around Ann Arbor!

3. Robinbluebird

Thank you

Kokomorel and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Robinbluebird

I'm in Michigan now and my new friend took me out and showed me around. We found 247 today.

5. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Good for you! And for them! Nice to find friends in this business.

1 person likes this.
  6. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

It was really nice. We had a good time.

7. Kokomorel

Kokomorel Morel Connoisseur

nice find Robin looks like you two are doing well GOOD LUCK SHROOMING