Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually don't bother with LBMs but I saw a cluster of these on a log and couldn't believe how flat the reflection was. It had been raining and things were damp but these reflected no light. Instead of flat black they are flat brown. The underside is very brown so I assume the spores are brown. They are 1-2". Are any known for how "flat" they are?

Plant Mushroom Polyporales Leaf Botany

·
Registered
428 Posts
Little brown mushrooms hard to tell apart with out a degree in mycology and a microscope. Best left alone so you dont get sick or worse kill yourself.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I usually don't bother with LBMs but I saw a cluster of these on a log and couldn't believe how flat the reflection was. It had been raining and things were damp but these reflected no light. Instead of flat black they are flat brown. The underside is very brown so I assume the spores are brown. They are 1-2". Are any known for how "flat" they are?

View attachment 40715
Don’t assume spore color! Please.

Think of…oh…Chlorophlum molybites, for example.

Any more photos or signs of bruising?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rain can change how the color of a mushroom appears. Did you take a spore print? Next time include a clearer picture of the gills and how they attach to the stem, or don't attach. Can't tell from your photo. The mushroorms look gray to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts