Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will be at priest lake this weekend and will report back. Sounds like it’s been a cold spring from the folks I’ve talked to who are already up there for the summer. Found about a pound while walking a logging road this same weekend last year but temps had been in the 60’s in the day time and 40’s at night. Any recent luck around the north end of priest lake this year so far? -Casey in Pasco, WA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings! Long time gatherer, first time posting here. We're in Teton County Idaho for another five days and wondering if anyone could share info for the Caribou-Targhee National Forest area for morels? I was hiking in the Teton National Park for the last ten days and came up empty. A significant amount of precip the last couple of days but the temps are predicted to be low. Most of my gathering has been in Oregon and Washington where I had my best luck in mixed grand fir/lodgepole pine forests, and sometimes in riparian cottonwood habitat. Is that likely the same habitat for eastern Idaho?

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Shroomer3

Question for you, have you ever run across chanterelles in our mountains? If so, I would love to hunt those at some point, any tips would be appreciated!
Sorry for the long delay in my reply but I was out of country. Yes, the chanterelle season starts in the Autumn just before the first frost. We also have Boletus season all summer as the monsoon season arrives. If the monsoon does not arrive neither do the porcini. Hope this helps! Get outside my friends and go shroomin'!!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts