Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these while morel hunting. I believe they are Veiled Oyster Mushrooms. I'm going to eat them to make sure. LOL. Not really.....Do need extra help on identifying these though. Found growing out from under a hollowed dead oak log.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I live in the Tyler Tx area. I would be more than glad to sell or trade wild edible mushrooms to your restaurant. More so trade...selling is boring. If you are up for it...My wife loves your style of cooking...all local.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is Pleurotus dryinus, the veiled oyster. It's edible and delicious. The stems can be tough in older specimens and can need lengthy braising to make it tender. Fresh specimens are generally tender enough to saute.
Thank you. I live in the Tyler Tx area. I would be more than glad to sell or trade wild edible mushrooms to your restaurant. More so trade...selling is boring. If you are up for it...My wife loves your style of cooking...all local.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's some I found last Spring in Minnesota; just happened to be yellow; found some white ones too. These don't have the base length of the ones you found but are very similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts